Thursday, December 29, 2005

Mmm, Cookies...Hey Wait A Minute

The AP reports today that the NSA has been placing cookies on people's computers who visit the NSA website that do not expire until 2035 and can track users web activity, a violation of federal law. The practice is prohibited unless a senior official signs off on national security grounds. So, either there is a mistake and it 'just started happening' or the Bush team decided to authorize it. In light of the Bush authorization of warrantless NSA wiretapping of U.S citizens, the latter seems more likely. The Bush Administration really is fixated on creating secrecy and privacy for themselves and keeping everyone else in "One Nation, Under surveillance"

UPDATE: I was doing research a couple of weeks ago for my blog that involved me visiting the NSA website. When I checked the list of cookies stored in Firefox, I found two from NSA, both expiring in 2035. I save screenshots of them which are available here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home