Monday, July 25, 2005

Non-Disclosure Breach

Regardless of whether Karl Rove and Lewis Libby broke the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982 or the Espionage Act of 1917 (which prohibits even unintentional disclosure of confidential information), they may be liable at least for dismissal under the non-disclosure agreement (Standard Form 312. In section 4, it says, "I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of any security clearances I hold; removal from any position of special confidence and trust requiring such clearances; or the termination of my employment or other relationships with the Departments or Agencies that granted my security clearance or clearances. In addition, I have been advised that any unauthorized disclosure of classified information by me may constitute a violation, or violations, of United States criminal laws". This clearly gives reason for withdrawing Rove & Libby's security clearance, firing them and possibly also indicting them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home